- RSS Channel Showcase 7058062
- RSS Channel Showcase 4296300
- RSS Channel Showcase 2516165
- RSS Channel Showcase 6777274
- 12/25/17--05:47: 2017 chicago architecture biennial week of 24 > 30 december.
- 12/08/18--23:10: iit innovation center by john ronan architects opens.
frida escoberdo has designed a monolithic timber, tiered platform in randolf square - a singular formal gesture with moveable modules that allows for informal lounging, gatherings, and forums. the installation mirrors the chicago cultural center's gridded ceiling.
revised concept plan is in response to local criticism on location, aesthetics, and function among other things.
wind, light, and other phenomena of nature are embraced through 389 pieces of art.
originally meant to be constructed in chicago in 2014, the location moved to the west coast because of its initial lakefront site and the legal issues it posed. chicago-based DesignApplause feels that a big one got away.
the ed kaplan family institute for innovation and tech entrepreneurship at the illinois institute of technology opens this month, the first new academic building at iit in over forty years.